December 13, 2013

White and Dark Chocolate Heath Cheesecake Pudding Cookies

Pin It!
These are the best cookies I've eaten in a really long time.  Not only are they are super soft on the inside, they are stuffed with three kinds of baking chips; white chocolate, dark chocolate, and toffee.  Oh, and there is cheesecake pudding mix in there too.  Pudding mix, which has cornstarch, is the key to the softest cookies around.

 


These have restored my faith in cookies.  I will take yeasted breads over cookies any day, but these, well, these stole my heart and then some.  I will not touch 
crunchy cookies, unless they're fortune cookies.  These are soft and chewy, yet firm enough to stand up to double fisted eaters (ahem)  They are perfect for Christmas time.  They freeze well, in baked or unbaked form, and travel well. 

 
 
I was cleaning out our baking chips and it was incredible 1) how many bags we have! and 2) how many of them were half full.  These cookies got rid of those half bags of baking chips that begin to take over our pantry. Between the peanut butter chips, Andes mint, Heath, milk, semi sweet, and dark chocolate chips, I think I'm set for a while!

  
Do you guys clean out your closets before Christmas?  I'm thinking it would be a good idea if I got rid of some stuff. :)  Christmas is all fun and games until you have to find a place for all your new stuff.  As I've gotten older, I've (thankfully!) gotten smaller gifts ... no more play kitchens or Play mobile sets or American girl doll bathtubs (yes, really.)  Though looking at my list, what I really need to clean out is our kitchen.  We've never made Christmas lists in our family, but this year, we drew names among siblings for a secret santa type thing. We all made a list of five things we want so that the sibling that has us wouldn't have to ask us (giving it away) or buy something we won't use.  One of my things was a donut pan, so while there may be a lot of cookie recipes these next few weeks, I'm hoping after Christmas, I'll have some donut recipes to share with you guys!  However, that would mean I have to have a place to store it ... 

  
Any kitchen gadgets you're wishing for this Christmas? 
 
And, what is your favorite cookie recipe?  I'd love links in the comments!

 
White and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Heath Pudding Cookies
Recipe Source: The Sweet {Tooth} Life.  Adapted slightly from here and here.  
Yield: 2-1/2 dozen
 
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar 
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 box (4 serving size) instant cheesecake pudding mix
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup Heath toffee baking bits
 
Cream shortening and sugar together.  Add eggs and beat well.  Stir in vanilla.  Add flour, salt, baking powder, and pudding mix and mix until incorporated.  Add white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and Heath toffee chips and stir.  Scoop cookies (I used a two tablespoon scoop) onto a lightly greased baking sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Even if they look undercooked, don't let them bake for more than 12 minutes.  Let cool for a couple minutes.  They are incredible warm!
 
Note:  After cooling, store in an airtight container.  You can scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet and freeze for a couple hours.  Then, put the frozen cookie dough in a freezer bag and store in freezer, if desired.  To cook, let thaw in refrigerator for a couple hours before baking. 
 
Other cookies for your Christmas platter!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Click here for all my cookie recipes!
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Love a soft chewy cookie as well. This was a perfect cookie to get use some of those chocolate chip bags in your pantry :-). My favorite cookie is very simple, comforting and full of cinnamon: http://mayihavethatrecipe.com/2012/05/29/moroccan-cinnamon-cookies-montecaos/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an excessive amount of baking chips too! But I just can't help myself from buying new ones. I also have a fear that one day I'm going to want to make cookies and I'll be out of chocolate chips...that's irrational right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing... (can you bring some Tuesday?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh my these look so soft and chewy and perfect! I would love to try them. Beautiful photography too, Mary Frances! :D

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A donut pan is on my Christmas list as well! ;--)
    And these cookies couldn't look any better, really. Soft cookies are my favorite, and you know I really really REALLY like cheesecake. Oh, and white chocolate. Mmmm, I really crave one of these cookies now, and I've just had dinner! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pudding cookies are my favorite- I have always wanted to buy the cheesecake pudding and make them with that! I think that is the only flavor I have not tried yet actually! Definitely want to try these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mary Frances, I like to clean out the left-over half bags of goodies too. As for wishes of kitchen gadgets, I could use a funnel, yes , believe it or not! As for a favorite Christmas cookie, well, that is difficult, I usually love the cookie in hand. I honestly and not quite sure. Though, I tend to like more simple types of cookies.
    All of these recipes you posted for cookies look wonderful to me. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies look SO good! I think my favorite cookies that I made were my chocolate chip cashew cookies:
    http://atasteofmadness.blogspot.ca/2013/10/chocoate-chip-cashew-cookies.html
    But I would definitely love to try these ones now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cookie that has restored your faith in cookies--now that's huge! These seem like the perfect Christmas cookie--I'd love to try them with those Andes peppermint chips that are in stores right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cookie stuffed with three kinds of baking chips??? Aw how cool is that!! You bring me to cookie heaven dear! :) Love it!!
    xox Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried pudding cookies but they look so soft and delicious. I must try these ASAP. All that chocolate is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This recipe for White and Dark Chocolate Heath Cheesecake Pudding Cookies looks simply fabulous. They appear to be very smooth and tender. Simple recipes like these bring out the best from you as a chef!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is no oven temperature indicated in your recipe. Can you please specify

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection