April 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bites

Pin It!
Sorry to throw two peanut butter no bake recipes at you in a row, but if you really think about it, its not that bad at all.

I haven't had time to really "bake" anything recently, in fact, this and the next post will be no bakes. These peanut butter oatmeal buckeye balls are simple, filling, and delicious and are amazing as snacks or dessert.


Chock full of oats and peanut butter, they satisfy any peanut butter craving (even mine and that can be challenging;) and will hold you over for whatever you tackle.  In my case, it is preparing for the Learner's Permit . . . really, can't I just drive a four wheeler everywhere?  Oops, I forgot . . . we are in Kansas!  It goes from sunny and 70 degrees to windy, cold, and the possibility of snow within a week.  Hmmm, cars are pretty nice.  I just need to remember what the cow crossing sign looks like and I should be okay!



Anyway, moving on from cows back to the recipe.  I chose to use brown sugar because the flavor and sweetness is stronger and yes, that is a tablespoon of vanilla.  If you don't want to use that much, you don't have too, but it also makes it sweeter and more delicious. 


Agg, I can't get over how much I like these!  Maybe its the fact that I can't eat the whole batch at once because they are so satisfying.  Maybe its because I love peanut butter and put in everything.  Or maybe its because these take, like, 5 minutes to make and I haven't met someone who didn't like them.  (Okay, if you have peanut allergies, I get it.  I also feel really bad for you!)  Pick your own reason . . . there are sure to be many!



Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bites
Recipe Source: The Sweet {Tooth} Life
Yield: 12-15 bites

1 tbsp. coconut oil
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 cups old fashioned oats

Melt coconut oil in a pot on the stove.  Add peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla and milk.  Stir until smooth.  Add oats.  Remove from heat and roll into balls. 

Can you tell I LOVE peanut butter? 


Try Peanut Butter Brownie Pie for a change up!  Incredibly soft and peanut buttery with Reeses baking chips!


Oats, almonds, and peanut butter combine into an easy, super quick (8 minutes!) Peanut Butter Granola.


Like surprises?  The best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever tried has peanut butter stuffed inside!  These Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are soft and chewy with smooth peanut butter in every bite. 


Like your brownies fudgy?    You'd never guess there is yogurt or pumpkin in my Fudge Swirled Peanut Butter Brownies, but those ingredients make these incredibly fudgy. 

I've shown you some of my favorites ways to eat peanut butter -
What is your favorite way to use it?

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum! These look good! my mom made a similar recipe to these but it had corn syrup that binded it all together! THEY WERE DELIC! I'll have to share the recipe once I get a blog *after we get home from our trip* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem. You're "sorry" you posted twice about peanut butter no-bakes twice in a row? I'm thrilled! How can you go wrong with peanut butter and oatmeal? :) Beautiful pictures once again, and just an overall thumbs up on this post. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these look delicious! I bet my husband would love a batch of these to take to work with him! I agree with Hannah, you can't go wrong with peanut butter and oats. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My brothers were a little skeptical, (so much oats!) but once they tried them, they ate the whole batch! *sigh* So much for a personal snack:)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection