September 5, 2013

4 Ingredient Pumpkin Toffee Brownies

Pin It!
I drive my mom crazy.

With brownies, at least. 

She just wants regular ole brownies. 

Uh, say what?

Yeah, I drive her crazy:)


We all have those people who drive us crazy.  If you don't, I have some I can introduce you to!  But what do you do sit people who just drive you crazy?  

This has been something my dad brought to my attention and so I've been thinking about it a lot and am going to lay it all on you at once. ;)

  
  When I'm with those people I can't stand, I often look down on them and think I'm better.  It is often in those times I end up seeing myself doing the very thing that makes me mad about them. That's convicting.  A way to feal positively with it is choosing to focus on the positive. That is really hard.  It's easier and often seems more "fun" to find all the flaws in a person, especially in someone you don't like.  But what good does that do?  Just because the person bugs me doesn't give me the right to focus on the negative. That's not what God dies with me and that's not what I'm called to do with others.  Focusing on the positive requires humility, because I usually have to think less highly of myself and more so of the other person. Grrr.  Hard work. 


Seriously, some people are hard work. I can be one of them. However, dealing with them is something I will always have to do. And when I let my attitude be defined by how I feel about them, we've got a problem. I've got to let things go. Life isn't always fair and that's, well, life. 

I need to tell my mom that; pumpkin brownies is okay.  They taste amazing, I mean it. Fudgy and sweet and in these, chock full of toffee bits. In the spirit of autumn, I added cinnamon to go with the pumpkin and toffee. These don't taste like pumpkin or the cinnamon is definitely not noticeable, unless you're the one who made it and are looking very hard for it;)

I told you to brace yourselves!  Tis the season of pumpkin!  


4 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies
Recipe Source: The Sweet {Tooth} Life
Yield: 20-24 servings

1 box fudgy brownie mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup toffee bits

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 7x11 or a 9x13 pan.*

Combine first three ingredients and stir until combined and smooth.  Add toffee bits.  Batter will be thick.  Spread into prepared pan.  Bake for 30-35 minutes.

*I used a 7x11 pan because I wanted thicker brownies.  However, the middle brownies were a little undercooked.  I like them that way:) but if you don't, use the 9x13. 

18 comments:

  1. Blogger can be terrible sometimes, right?? I'm getting used to save a version of my drafts in a Word text document too, because if I happened to lose both the English and Spanish version of my posts... I'd cry a lot ok haha.
    But these brownies look awesome, I can't wait to read the whole post ;)
    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start doing that. Of course, I don't have two versions to write! Thank you Consuelo!

      Delete
  2. If it has "pumpkin" and "brownies" in the title I would like to eat 8 of whatever you're making! These look delicious!

    Also I totally hate when that happens with a blog post, it's the worst feeling, especially when you thought it was a witty masterpiece (mine usually aren't, but it's the feeling!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, "witty masterpiece" :) Yours always are, Pamela! Oh, I think 8 is a perfectly acceptable serving size! :)

      Delete
  3. Pictures sometimes say it all! These look so yummy and fudgy. :)
    Are you on twitter?
    Tina at www.tinaschic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Tina! No, I'm not on Twitter . . . or Facebook:)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! I am so happy I found this recipe! No words necessary! I am already salivating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've expanded my ideas for using this

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you infused pumpkin into a brownie! Absolutely delicious! Makes a great butter/oil/egg replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG those ARE fudgy! I've always wondered about the can of pumpkin brownies, but no more. These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are SUPER fudgy. Thank you so much Dorothy!

      Delete
  8. LOVE this idea! totally making these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! Although your brownie cookies give these a run for thier money! :)

      Delete
  9. Preach it girl!! ;) Seriously though, great post and great brownies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah well, I get going sometimes ... :)
      Thanks Ms. Jocelyn!

      Delete
  10. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you

    Social Media Marketing in Karachi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection