February 21, 2013

Snickers Birthday Cookies

Pin It!
Happy Birthday!

I'm sure it is someone's birthday . . . somewhere. Just not in my family. But you can celebrate whatever you wish with these cookies. They're fun to make and have that amazing flavor a Snickers bar packs without actually putting a Snickers in a cookie.  Chocolate chips get an upgrade with some peanuts and the cookies remain delightfully chewy and soft due to the caramel sauce even days afterwards.

And aren't they cute?  I love sprinkles.  They make everything fun!


Snickers Birthday Cookies
Yield: 15 cookies

6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
6 tbsp applesause (or 3 tbsp applesauce and 3 tbsp. coconut oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 2/3 cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

chopped salted peanuts*
chocolate chips*
caramel sauce*

Mix first three ingredients and then beat in sugars.  Add eggs; beat well.  Stir in flour, salt, and soda.
The dough will be really soft, so stick it in the fridge for 10 minutes to make it easier to handle.  Preheat oven to 350.

Take out the dough and roll some into a large circle.  Layer the chopped peanuts and chocolate chips, the drizzle with caramel.  Roll up the sides and cover the top, adding dough if needed.  You don't want to see any peanuts or chocolate chips peeking out:)  Bake for 11-13 minutes.  They will spread a lot!  Cool and transfer to cooling rack.  These are really good warm out of the oven.

*The amount of filling needed will depend on how much you put in your cookie.  I probably put about a 1/2-1 tbsp. of chopped peanuts and chocolate chips, each, and 1 tsp.- 1/2 tbsp. of caramel sauce.  But it is completely up to you.  If you like more chocolate, go crazy with the chocolate chips.  Want more crunch?  Add more peanuts.



I'll still be working on these as I didn't want them to spread out, but they were so soft and chewy and sweet and different than any other cookie I've ever made, I decided to post them anyways.



Whats your favorite candy bar?   I would have to go with Snickers.  But Reeses and Twix take close second.  And I can't forget about Almond Joy! 

7 comments:

  1. Those look really interesting! And did I forget yummy as well! They look really cute with the sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, love how you are EXPERIMENTING with food photography. Didn't catch that mistake. It stinks you can't edit a comment. Ally you can do is delete it and rewrite it or reply... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! (I hate it does that too:) I edit all of my pictures in Picasa. Thats how I add words and how I created the collage at the top of the blog.

      Delete
  3. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU for posting about these! You didn't tell me about the sprinkles! They are so festive. These pictures look great. Did you do something different?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look incredible!! YUMMY YUMMY!! And I love your little boxes on the bottom; "you might also like"; I couldn't get it for the life of me!! Will have to try again.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. Snickers are one of my favorite, but I'd have to say Reese's Fast Break might even top Snickers. But I love the idea of a candy cookie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection