December 29, 2012

Crazy Chocolate Mint Cookies

Pin It!
When you look at this, what do you see?


 
If you see perfectly unrounded cookies then you would be right.  But it is what you don't see that makes these crazy.
 
Remember this post?
 
Then you should know what is in these cookies.
 
The wonderful avocado!
 
Yes, I am serious.  This recipe is based off of the recipe on the back of the Andes Mints Baking Chips bag, but I made lots of changes.  Including avocado.  I read in a magazine you can substitute half of the oil in cookies with avocado.  I, of course,  had to try it.  One of my friends asked why I didn't take pictures of the process and the reason is because pictures of just avocado, butter, and sugar mixed together would ruin your appetite - maybe for life if you don't have a very strong stomach.
 
But look at the beautful result above!  My mom thought I should've ditched the plan from the beginning, but she did like them once they were mixed and baked!
 
Crazy Mint Chocolate Cookies
Recipe Source: The Sweet {Tooth} Life
 
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup (a little more than half) of a medium, ripe avocado
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4-1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/4 cup flour
1/4 - 1/3 cup cocoa powder*
4 oz. Andes Mint Chips
 
Beat butter and avocado together.  Add sugars, mix well.  Stir in extracts.  Add soda, powder, flour and cocoa powder and mix.  Stir in Andes Mint Chips.  Put rounded tablespoons of dough on greased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
*I always use Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa.
 
 
The cocoa covers up the greeness of the dough, so I wouldn't try this in snickerdoodles or chocolate chip cookies.  Well, maybe I am the only one who would be crazy enough to do that.  I was also making Apple Coffee Cake for my Dad out of the cookbook he gave me for Christmas, and I didn't think he would appreciate it if I experimented with it!  I am glad I didn't because it turned out amazing.  No offense to these cookies, but that dense, moist, delicious cake was better.  These cookies are really good, too, just not like that apple cake.
 
What is the craziest thing you've ever done?  This would probably rank high on my list, but I have swam in lake - in November.  My feet turned yellow after about 10 minutes! 
I guess when I was in gym, I a lot of people thought I was crazy because I was homeschooled.  If that's crazy, then I will gladly accept that title!
 

1 comment:

  1. I need to be careful when I come to your blog, because you always make me want to EAT! :) My husband and I bought avocados yesterday, and I asked him if we could try the chocolate pudding. He was less than convinced, but maybe he'll let me try it anyway! Otherwise, we'll just go for making them into guacamole, which is a pretty great alternative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection