November 20, 2013

Chipotle Gouda Turkey Sandwich

Pin It!
Wait, two non dessert recipes in a row???  I thought this was a sweet tooth blog?!

Since Rebekah's arrival, people have generously brought many meals for us.  However, because they've also supplied the desserts, I haven't had to bake ... thus, no blogging material;)  I'm not complaining, we've had chai spiced sugar cookies (yes, really) and maple syrup cupcakes and Rice Krispie Treats... It's been good.

(But yesterday I made three different sweet things, so don't worry, the sugar isn't stopping!)

I also haven't had to make real food. When meals are dropped off, there is practically no prep and the leftovers are easily reheated or recreated. But a couple days ago, I looked in the fridge to see the empty soup container (in my defense, it was incredible beef and barley stew) no more chicken, and empty spaces where my favorite leftovers has once been. So this sandwich was born. I've made it three times now and don't plan on stopping. It's got the kick from the chipotle mayo, the melty and smokey flavor from the Gouda, and heartiness from the English muffin and turkey.

Can we talk about how much I like this chipotle mayo?  Like, I have become a spicy gal (and I used to not like Chipotle, the restaurant, because I thought it was too spicy ... ironic, huh?)  This mayonnaise is spicy, creamy, and a little goes a long ways. It dresses up any sandwich, wrap, or sauce. My mom really likes the horseradish dijon and its good, too. But I stand by my chipotle:) 


I would go out to Chipotle every other day if I could. I've figured out some copycats, but their rice is still the best (I don't like white rice, but I do like brown. And no, it's not for health reasons, I've just never liked white rice. Another irony because my grandma is full blooded Japanese.  Brown rice isn't as soft or sticky and has more flavor, but that's my humble opinion;)

I dream of running a little cafe or bakery, but every day I find some new cuisine I want to add. Wraps and ice cream and tarts oh my!  Yep, it's definitely a dream ... I would have to run a food court at the mall to cook everything I'd want to sell.  Think Baskin Robbins, Chipotle, Panera Bread and Starbucks all in one.  I also dream of spending a ton of money in Target ... and traveling all over Europe ... which would also cost a ton of money.  :)

What about you?  Any dreams for the future?

Chipotle Gouda Turkey Sandwich
Recipe Source: The Sweet {Tooth} Life 
Yield: 1 sandwich 

1 whole grain English muffin 
Chipotle mayo 
1 oz Gouda cheese 
3 slices deli turkey breast 
2 slices tomato 
Chopped lettuce 

Halve the english muffin and toast it. Spread them mayo on one side. Layer the cheese, turkey, tomato and lettuce. Place second halve on top and enjoy!

Related Recipes:




16 comments:

  1. I would love to open a little cafe or bakery one day too..maybe someday! Loving the flavors of this sandwich, quick and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your dreams come true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! This looks super tasty! And so do those avo wraps!! And that is such a great goal!! You could definitely do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cailee! I had honestly forgotten about the wraps until I searched avocado in the archives:)

      Delete
  4. Wow!!!!! This sandwich is just plain Genius! I love spicyyyyyyy food! And this chipotle mayo sounds amazing! Have to make this sandwich! I hope you will chase all your dreams! :) Good luck! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for new sammie ideas for a quick dinner. Gouda is one of my all time favorite cheese--these look stellar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy trying new sandwich ideas too. And Gouda, especially smoked, is so good!

      Delete
  6. I have all the ingredietns on hand so I guess that this baby is going to be my dinner tonight yay!
    Also, I want to run a bakery as well, and travel all over Europe and the US. Lovely plans indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so fun if you could take me around Spain and Europe and I could take you around the US! Thanks Consuelo!

      Delete
  7. I love having some savory food from you sometimes! This sandwich sounds incredibly good! I love Gouda and the kick of the chipotle mayo sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reeni! I'm going to tackle some of your casseroles next!

      Delete
  8. You know Mary, seeing your savory side is nice change and this sandwich sounds so good right now! =) I love how simple it is..this is my favorite kind of lunch.

    xo,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! Simple soup and sandwich lunches are so good. Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection