October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Pin It!
I know I told you all to make the pumpkin bread because it is the best pumpkin bread I've ever made.

Now I'm telling to make this pumpkin dump cake. Because guys, it seriously tops pumpkin pie. I know, right?

 
The pumpkin layer is like pumpkin pie, just softer, almost like a super thick and firm pudding - that's in bar form. Ok, that's just confusing.  And then the crumble on top is thick, sweet, and yep, pure cake mix (ie. pure sugar bliss) 

 
I don't have a lot to say:) because we had State this weekend and the next post will have pics and thoughts from that.  Thanks for sticking with me and reading my random posts right now ... I promise after Nationals, there will be more food and less volleyball! 


Pumpkin Dump Cake
Recipe Source: Adapted from a friend
Yield: 16 servings

2 (15 oz each) cans pumpkin puree
1/2 cup brown sugar
10 oz evaporated milk
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon each nutmeg and allspice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 box cake mix (yellow or butter, only)
1/2 cup butter, melted

Whipped cream (optional)

Preheat oven to350.  Grease a 9x13 pan.

Mix pumpkin, sugar, milks, eggs, spices, and salt in a bowl.  Pour into prepared pan.  Sprinkle cake mix evenly over top and drizzle melted butter over cake mix.  Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean (its okay if it is a little wet)  Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream (highly recommended!)  Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator, if desired.

17 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin pie, but this looks wayyyyy better! My Mom had recruited me for her thanksgiving dinner dessert and I think I have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, pumpkin pie is so good, too (but this is better! ;) Cooking for Thanksgiving will be so fun ... and delicious, knowing you!

      Delete
  2. Better than pumpkin pie? I am in!! This looks so good my dear. And I am honestly enjoying these posts about volleyball and food!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look amazing! Good luck with the volley matches, girl! You're doing so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Consuelo! Thank you for all the support you give me through the blogworld, girl, it means a lot!

      Delete
  4. It tops pumpkin pie?! Then I must make this immediately! That topping looks soooo good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake mix ... what could go wrong? Thanks Cate!

      Delete
  5. Mmm better than pumpkin pie? I need to try this. Hope volleyball went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! It did go well, thanks for asking! :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh!! Pumpkin dump cake?! These looks so tasty and festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pumpkin pie with all my heart so I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mary Frances, It looks like you are having fun and really keeping up with your cooking too. These desserts sound wonderful and perfect for the Thanksgiving table. I and my kids would very much love this pumpkin cake.
    Enjoy your Nationals! Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That crumble is lookin' GOOD! I want to dive right in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this pumpkin cake! It's like the best of both worlds - cake and pie all in one! I love how the cake turns into a crumbly topping. Delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious!! Love everything pumpkin-y, and that crumble looks soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Mary Francis! :D ...Ok this seriously looks A-mazing!!! My friend was just telling me about this dump cake they made and I had never heard of it before...but now I'm noticing quite a few of them and I have to try it asap. This looks sooooo good...I love anything with pumpkin so I know I will enjoying this very soon! ;D

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection