May 10, 2013

Strawberry Dark Chocolate Granola Parfait - Chopped Result

Pin It!
Okay, I said I was going to make pie.  But that didn't happen.

After a fail, a lack of time, and nobody to eat it, I decided to go with Hannah's idea and make a parfait.  Except I added chocolate.  Because, you know, everything is better with chocolate.  (Well, most of the time.)

So I made my chocolate shredded wheat granola and then stirred my pudding with yogurt and layered slices strawberries with it all.  I myself was surprised by how much I liked the result.  In fact, instead of being an experiment, this is going onto my repeat list.  I knew I would get good ideas from you guys!








We have smooth yogurt pudding with crunchy, mildly sweet dark chocolate granola.  Add strawberries and we have a elegant, fast, delicious parfait.  I mean, you could even eat this for breakfast!  It is lovely for dessert as well.  Whatever floats your boat, er, parfait glass.

Strawberry Dark Chocolate Granola Parfait
Recipe Source: The Sweet {Tooth} Life
Yield: 3 servings

Granola
1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsbp. honey
2 tsp. dark cocoa powder
1/3 cup shredded wheat (about 7-8 bite sized)
1/3 cup old fashioned oats

Yogurt Pudding:
1 pkg. vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla)

6-8 large strawberries, sliced or chopped

For the granola: Preheat oven to 350.  Stir together oil and honey until smooth.  Add cocoa powder and stir until there are no clumps.  Crush shredded wheat and add to oil, honey, and cocoa powder.  Stir in oats.  Place granola mixture on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.  Stir and continue baking for 5-10 more.  Let cool for 30 minutes before using.

For the yogurt pudding: Whisk pudding mix with milk according to package directions.  Chill.  Before serving, stir in yogurt.

Layer yogurt and strawberries until parfait glass is full and top with granola.  Serve immediately.

Notes:  You will have leftover yogurt pudding. 



8 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh!!! Your parfait glasses are so pretty!!! We had to use wine glasses because we didn't have any. And I LOVE your idea about adding chocolate and oats in with the shredded wheats! Looks like you had lots of great textures. I say that was pretty genius. :) They look super pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pretty genius idea to go off of! The chocolate granola did turn out really well . . . and I am really wanting to do more parfaits now! They look so pretty:) Birthdays maybe?

      Delete
  2. I just made granola the other day but I love the idea of adding chocolate to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I tend to add chocolate to everything!

      Delete
  3. Dark chocolate + strawberries are such a wonderful combination. :) I love your parfait glasses! I've been looking for some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Ihave another strawberry + chocolate dessert ready, but I may or may hold off on that;) The parfait glasses? Having access to your mom's collection of dishes is really convenient!

      Delete
  4. Just clicked over here from Averie Cooks, and what a divine recipe this is! Everything is definitely better with chocolate, *especially* strawberries :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! I'm convinced chocolate makes any dessert better! And now that strawberry season is here, I'm ready to reunite the two:)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection