December 7, 2013

Sunshine Award

Pin It!

 
Catherine from Living the Gourmet nominated me for the Sunshine Award and I am so honored!  Thank you so much Catherine!
 
There are few rules to receiving this award:
1. Include an image of the award in your post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person(s) who nominated you.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself.
4. Name 10 bloggers to received this award.  Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them
know they have been nominated.
 
Here are the questions Catherine asked:
 
1. Describe something that amazes you?
I'm always amazed by my parents willingness to sacrifice for me. 
 
2. If you could pass one lesson on to children what would it be?
Choose to find joy.
 
3. What is your #1 indulgence?
I'll spend the most money on shoes.  For food, probably Fettuccini Alfredo. 
 
4. What is one healthy habit that you embrace?
Haha, frozen fruit and running, to balance out the Alfredo ;)
 
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Once you get me moving, I can be either. It's the getting me out of bed once I've laid down that determines the answer.  Generally, I'm a morning person. 
 
6. What do you value most in a person? Why?
I value humility. I really respect it when someone is willing to admit their shortcomings and be honest with what they can do. Humility isn't quitting or throwing a pity party; it's being honest and secure. 

7. If you could eliminate one thing you have to do routinely what would it be? Why?
Forgetting things like piano books for lessons or gym locations for practice. Ugg.  That, and dry skin.

8. What do you do when you need peace of mind?
Talk it out with my parents or a friend. Or go outside for a walk.

9. What is the one thing that makes you the happiest?
A satisfying day well spent.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? Why?
My biggest pet peeve is when people lie to make themselves look good. I'm very justice oriented and I want the truth to be forward all the time. 
11. What is your favorite outdoor activity and how often do you engage in that activity?
I enjoy running when the weather is nice and when it's not, I really like toasting marshmallows over our outdoor fire pit. That's an activity, right? 

My nominees:
 
And Tammy, I don't know if I can nominate you too, but you are always so sweet, too!
 
You do not have to participate if you do not want to, I just want you to know your posts and comments always make me smile!  If you choose to participate, here are the questions I have for you:

1. What is your #1 indulgence?
2. What makes you happiest?
3. What is the most important thing in a person?
4. Are you a morning or night person?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. What are your childhood memories associated with Christmas baking?
7. Describe your fashion sense in one word. 
8. What would be your perfect afternoon?
9. What is a habit you want to get rid of?
10. What is a hobby you'd like to try?
11. What is a trend you would start? 
 
I hope you've had a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I loved reading more about you girl, and I totally hear you on the shoes... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination beauty! I love your answer on humility. I could not agree more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved knowing more stuff about you, Mary Frances! And thanks for the nomination, I'll try my best to answer the questions, though I odn't think I get round to it this busy week! :--(
    Have a nice day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Mary Frances you are so sweet! Thanks for the nomination :) Toasting marshmallows? GENIUS idea for fav outdoor activity. That's going to be my new one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved getting to know you better Mary Frances! We've been toasting marshmallows on our indoor wood stove for s'mores! There the best. Thanks for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this is amazing. First off thank you so much for the nomination!! I feel so honored. I will answer your questions!! I loved getting to know you more. Your answers are perfect. And when you figure out how to get rid of dry skin without smelling like a baby please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for nominating me! It's not often that we meet good people and you are the genuine real deal good person. :) My perfect afternoon is spending time with my wonderful husband. :)
    Tina at www.tinaschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mary Frances, beautiful answers. It has been such a pleasure getting to know you and following your blog. You are so kind and thoughtful. Blessings my dear, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Mary Frances! :,D You're nominating mwaa?! ^_^ Thank you, thank you! I'll put my answers next post :D

    It's always fun getting to know your fellow bloggers a bit more. I find running and yoga really helps me to de-stress...and as much as I love the holidays I'm finding this time of year very stressful...I guess because there is so much that needs to be done in such a small amount of time.

    I love your answers. Have a beautiful day my dear friend.

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection